Aligning Your Personal Finances and Business Needs
Small business owners are often so busy with day-to-day business tasks that they neglect both their business’s financial planning needs as well as their own. That’s a huge mistake.
Your personal finances are inextricably linked with your business, so your family’s financial plan needs to be integrated with that of your business.
Creating and sticking to a financial plan now can help keep your business thriving and make sure you have enough to retire, meet your charitable goals, and effectively pass on assets to heirs.
As part of a Corporate Retainer Agreement, we can help business owners with the following business and personal financial planning tasks:
- Determining the type of business entity to be maintained and/or formed.
- Determining the “free cash flow” of you business based upon the prior three years. These results may lead to projections of future free cash flow, break-even analysis, and projected financial statements.
- Succession planning. Analysis might include assessment of how to plan for a future sale or other forms of transition, from within and/or externally.
- Collaboration with and/or recommendations of competent specialized professionals to support the business, such as CPAs, attorneys, insurance professionals, and others as required.
- Personal financial planning for the principals and/or key employees that focuses on the effective use of corporate benefits. This will take into consideration the personal and business goals of the owner(s).
Excluded from these services is assistance with the actual sale of a business. This service is available under a separate fee arrangement.
Let Us Be Your Trusted Business Financial Advisor
Every day you wait is a day wasted. Let us help you get your business and personal finances in order and plan for a secure retirement. From our office in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire we serve clients throughout the state as well as in Vermont, Maine, Massachusetts and around the country.
Learn about our personal financial planning services.
Learn what it means to be a fee-only financial planning firm.
DOWNLOAD: Financial Planning Document Checklist for Small Business Owners
Are you a physician or a medical professional?. Bob has extensive experience working with people in the medical field. Please see our Financial Planning For Doctors page
Squam Lakes Financial Advisors, LLC
Financial Planning for Business Owners and Small Businesses
Serving NH, Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts
31 Coxboro Road
Holderness, NH 03245